SUSMUN Preparation Timeline
- First Registration Opens
- Deposit and country preferences due 2 weeks after registration
- Rolling registration
- June 15: Deposit due for First Registration
- Delegations should begin contacting the Hilton Atlanta Hotel and Conference Center about hotel arrangements. SUSMUN has reserved a room block there and rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis. Please see the Hotel Page for more information.
Students should now be well into researching their assigned nation for their country papers. Once students have completed their background research, they should begin research for their position papers.
- August 1: Second Registration Opens
- September 1: Deadline for country preferences, Deadline for Application-based committees
- September 20: Last Day for 100% refund, Country and Committee Assignments Released ~ Once country assignments are received, make sure to assign committees to your delegates right away.
- September 27: Deadline for Position Paper Extension requests submitted to the Director-General (email@example.com)
- Check in with each of your students to gauge their progress.
- October 1: Deadline for Hotel Registration, Deadline to register for the conference
- October 4: Last day for 50% refund
- October 7: Position Papers due
- October 15: Final payments due to the Secretary-General
- October 24: All forms, both written and electronic are due.
- Delegates should now immediately begin practicing through simulation and speech giving. Each delegate must be comfortable with his/her topics by the time of the conference. Participation now will enhance delegates' experience in committee and the overall Conference.
- Now is a good time to begin using the Parliamentary Procedure Guide as well as the Model UN Training DVD. Both of these tools will leave your delegates better prepared for the conference and more productive while in committee.
- Make sure your delegates have a packing list: pen and paper, research material, Western business attire for three days of Conference Sessions, casual wear for after sessions and tours, snacks, food, and money for meals.
- November 1: Arrive at SUSMUN 2013! Check-in will take place at the Hilton Atlanta in the afternoon, and Opening Ceremonies will take place in the evening.
- November 3: SUSMUN 2013 Closing Ceremonies will end at approximately 1:30 pm.
- Preparations for SUSMUN 2014 begin!